Sunday, June 15, 2008

Youth Conference!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I was at Stake Youth Conference Thursday night, Friday and Saturday. It was so awesome!!! It was my first time, and boy oh boy I hope they have more! My ratings on different parts of it (10 being highest):

Breakfast of muffins and juice: ? (I ate before I left so I didn't eat any.)
Lodge where the girls slept: 8 (Not enough bathrooms, but very cool anyway.)
Opening speaker: 10! (The camp's theme was A.R.K., acts of random kindness, and kind of a whole Noah's ark thing. The speaker was a seminary teacher that lives in our stake who agreed to dress up in an awesome Noah costume and speak to us.)
Lunch: 7 (No tomatoes or lettuce for the hoagies.)
Workshops: 9.99 (Awesome, but a tiny bit boring sometimes.)
Service project: 10
Dinner: 9 (Yummy baked potatoes!)
Concert by Cherri Call: 10 (Great! I wish it had been longer. I hope I spelled her name right.)
Dance: 4 (Lame. They didn't even play a single Billy Joel song!)
Weather: 10! (Sunshine!)
Bedtime: 10 (Lights out at 1 a.m.!)
Sleep: 3 (Those girls could not shut up! I mean I love to stay up and all, but come on, I need sleep sometime! 3:30 a.m. is just a little overboard.)
Breakfast: 10 (Do I need to say more?)
Morningside: 10 (President Eyring's son came and spoke!)
Stake Leaders: 20
Ward Leaders: 20 (They rock! )
Friends: 15 (Oh gosh, I have great friends.)

The only downside to it all was the bright sunshine and my lack of sunscreen. My face is fried. Oh, and I was wearing my sunglasses all day. Yep, I have one heck of a classic sunglasses line.

5 comments:

Jesse C said...

nice recap. sounds fun kate.

Lindy-Lou said...

It's great to be young. Loved hearing about your conference. Fun theme.

Shua said...

Wow, the dance only got a 4? For me, any opportunity to go up to a girl and ask her to talk to you and (sort of) hold your hand for about three minutes (and she says yes) has to be a 10.

Chy said...

That sounds like an awsome YC. I wish that ours down here would be like that. They stopped doing it because of BIG problems that I don't know much about. We have a one day YC and it is so rushed that you go home wishing that it had lasted a whole week. I really love your blog and hope to read more of it soon!

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a really nice time! Emily sure is looking forward to youth conference this year. :)