Sunday, April 13, 2008

Youth Symphony Concert

So I think most of you know that I'm in the Eastern Idaho Youth Symphony, and for those of you that don't know, well I'm in the Eastern Idaho Youth Symphony. Anyway, our last concert of the season (*sniff*) is on the 25 th of this month. It will be absolutely amazing, and you are all officially invited. It starts at 7:30 pm at the Colonial Theater, and ticket prices start at five dollars (I'm pretty sure). Because you are lucky enough to know me, you get a sneak peek at the program.

In no particular order, we will be playing:

A Roger's and Hammerstein's medley. (Beautiful!)
Several tunes from Porgy And Bess. (Jazz is so fun!)
Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 21, 2nd & 3rd movements. (Wow, I really can't believe I actually get to play this in concert! )
An Unnamed Musical Joke written by Mozart. ( This is a random little piece that our conductor found. Written only for the strings and two horns, it is really fast, kind of cute, a little strange, and has an extremely random ending.)

So there you go. It is definitely worth coming to!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh, I wish I could come! It sounds like a fun program! I am so glad that you are in the symphony. I loved being in the Utah Youth Symphony when I was your age.