Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Ok, ok, so I forgot that Earth Day was yesterday. What can I say? I'm a little airheaded sometimes. But I will make it up by putting my oh so fababulous poetic skills to work. Ok, ok, so I forgot I have no poetic talent whatsoever. But what the heck.
Ode to Earth

You are the ocean blue
The piney forest
The rocks on the shore
I think I love you.

You are the mountains
And the sandy beach
The meadow green, and
The lake I jump in.

You are the dirt
Between my toes, and
The grass shoved
Down my shirt.

You are oil that
Fuels my van
The mud coating
On my doormat.

I think I love
You Earth
Your hills and rocks
The blue sky above.

You are the rock inside
My shoe
The salt water in my scratch
The wind my kite rides.

You are my garden
And the foundation
Of my home
The mud that dries and hardens.

You are a deep canyon
And icy fields
Winds that moan
And leaves that blow down an ally.

You are a beautiful
gift, and
I
Love
You.


What can say? It's wonderful. The best I ever wrote. I even cried a little while I wrote it. Please excuse me, I have to show my mom the poem I wrote about her.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Um, sorry, but your poetry skillz are uh-mazing. What a great poem. And on behalf of the planet, I happily accept it a day late!

Anonymous said...

Thats a cool poem :) I must say that it is better than i can do :)Ummm I don't think it matters if it is a day late. I forgot about it and have never "celebrate" it. Can't wait to see you :)

Love, Lucy