Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Last night I got home from a long week of working. And by "long" I mean more than 40 hours and sometimes getting home at 10 pm. So I really didn't even think about New Year's Eve until I walked in the door. Basically, I spent the evening eating Chinese take-out, reading books I gave as Christmas presents, and napping on the couch.

However.

I did spend a few lazy minutes thinking about the past year and trying to come up with a Resolution that would be easy enough to reach, noble enough to feel good about, and witty enough to tell people about.

Hmm. Harder than I thought.

But thinking about the past year is easy. I divide it into two categories: School/Fun for 6 months, Work/Fun for 6 months. Oh, and I met a few of my goals like a 4.0, moving out etc.

But back to my Resolution. I've already made some goals for the year, including climbing the Grand Teton, another 4.0 year, running a half-marathon, among others.

So what's left to pick?

Lucky for me, we got Chinese take-out.

Fortune cookies. Perfect.

I just hoped I got a helpful, Resolution-ish cookie, not something like, YOU HAVE A GREAT MIND FOR FINANCE.

It was with some hope, belief in fate, laziness, optimism, and cynicism that I cracked open my fortune cookie.

I pulled out the little slip and turned it over.

DON'T FORGET TO SAY "I LOVE YOU".

Good enough for me.


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Loved reading this post... :)

Mindy said...

One of my favorite posts ever. :) I just love you!

Lindy-Lou said...

You're a clever girl. This is a significant day in your life. I'm thinking of you.

KiraShay said...

Aw Kate!! I miss you terribly! This is an awesome post. Your blog is really easy to read, and not like a novel-blog, which gets boring after a couple of lines, maybe up to a whole paragraph.

Shua said...

Wow!! That's awesome. I think I'll make that my resolution as well :)