Monday, January 3, 2011

Ninety-Eight and Three Quarters Percent Guaranteed

Well. Here I am. I'm sitting on my bed. In my room. In my apartment. In a small college town.

So I moved out today. I don't have a lot to comment on, as I've only been here for 3 hours. But I do have a couple of observations.

1. It's going to be a very, very cold walk to my 7:45am class on Wednesday. Today had a high of -4.

2. I packed too much stuff.

3. It's a good thing I like to eat peanut butter sandwiches.

4. My roommate is nice.

5. Only complaint: my bedroom only has two outlets, neither of which are next to my bed and desk.

I've been thinking about Dr. Seuss's book Oh, The Places You'll Go! It's quite applicable.

"You've got brains in your head. You've got feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."

"You're on your own, and you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go."

"Kid, you'll move mountains."

"And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed. Ninety-eight and three quarters percent guaranteed."

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for you! Dr. Suess was right about you, that's for sure!

Mindy said...

You will. I am sure of it. :)

Jesse C said...

Such a fun time in life. You'll do great things.

KiraShay said...

Succeed? Definitely.
I'm sorry it's so cold out there.
I promise, you didn't pack too much stuff, eventually you'll need it. I'm sorry you don't have enough close outlets, but on the bright side you do have any! Good luck with your classes! First day of School!

Lindy-Lou said...

Maybe after midnight, Grandfather could install a couple more outlets. So excited for you. Spring is coming.