Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yanking Myself Out of a Metaphorical Rut

Step 1. Deactivated my facebook. I've had enough of feeling guilty for wasted time.

Step 2. Made a To-Do list.

Step 3. Did what was on my To-Do list.

Step 4. Cleaned my room.

Step 5. Listened to Jack Johnson, The Decembrists, The Mountain Goats, and The Raconteurs.

Step 6. Hung out with Morgan while listening to music. Also took a picture of a zit on his back so he could see what it looked like.

Step 7. Read old journals. Also congratulated myself on being a more interesting person than my 14 yr old self.

Step 8. Read several chapters of Robert Fulgum's All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.

Step 9. Talked to a good friend on Skype.

Step 10. Blogged about myself. And watched some Vlogbrothers videos.

Step 11. Write a list of 10 things I'm thankful for.
  1. My car will be fixed for a very reasonable price.
  2. I got a paycheck yesterday.
  3. I have a housing contract at a great complex for January.
  4. Had a very effective and successful work week.
  5. I'm going climbing tomorrow.
  6. I'm going to the temple tomorrow before work.
  7. A cute haircut and fresh color.
  8. Red high heels.
  9. Flowers at work. Twice.
  10. I'm running a 5K next Saturday.
  11. Pilates.

Step 12. Read scriptures and go to bed early.

3 comments:

tracy said...

Woo-hoo! Look at you!

I must be really out of the loop...never heard of any of that music!

So glad you are reading Fulghum...he's so delightful.

I talked your mom into teaching a class about her scrumptious beans...if she backs out or is feeling overwhelmed, would you like to do it?

Tiffany said...

Congratulations. I think I'm going to copy your to-do list and then do it.

I love you, girl!

Tammy said...

I don't have a single post on my facebook page, lol. It's a big time suck...I've thought of deactivating my page, too.