As you may remember (probably not), I created a To-Do List for this summer. I had to scrape frost off my windshield yesterday. I can't deny fall anymore. Summer is over. So how did I do? Let's review.
1. Get a job and make enough money to buy a violin and/or move out.
Check. I have a job and will be moving out in January.
2. Read A Tale of Two Cities.
I got halfway through it. However, I did read Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I just finished all 530 pages of it and picked TofTC back up again.
3. Do a mini triathlon and/or 5K.
I'll either run a 5K tomorrow or one on campus next week.
4. Don't get married.
Check. My left hand is bare.
5. Go on a road trip with my best friend before she goes away to college.
Check. It was a highlight of the summer.
6. Read the Book of Mormon.
I read the New Testament instead. Does that still count?
7. Prepare for IF Symphony audition.
I prepared, but not hard enough. They told me to try next year. That burned. I really, really, really wanted to play with them. But I guess my ego needed to be taken down a notch.
8. Have an awesome birthday.
Check. I got a haircut, took a nap on the couch, and went climbing with two of my best friends. That counts in my book.
9. Go on fewer dates and spend more time with my family.
Check. Dating was slim this summer. Family became default.
10. Be a better rock climber.
Check. I fell in la la love with climbing this summer. I definately improved. I went from Complete Wimp to Relatively Pansy.
2 comments:
What a fun post! You are amazing!! Way to go with all of those goals!
Nice work. Impressive summer!
Post a Comment