I love music. Even though you may not care, I'll share some of my thoughts, feelings, and maybe a bit of my experiences with music.
***
I love the music of Bach. I thought Vivaldi was my favorite composer, but then I realized that it was just the Four Seasons and an a minor concerto that are my top favorites; I enjoy playing anything and everything Bach. I think this is because my brain savors detailed sound with overlapping melodies. Also, because Bach writes such terribly complex music, it demands my very best playing and stretches my abilities. I am always a better musician after I learn a Bach piece.
***
I find playing in a group very rewarding and gratifying. Youth Symphony has been one of the highlights of high school. I can't help smiling every time we start to play a great piece of music. There's something about a bunch of regular kids coming together and playing a masterpiece by Beethoven or Bach. Totally amazing feeling.
***
Music is on the earth for a reason.
***
I hated practicing for a period of roughly three years after I started playing the violin. Then something clicked and practicing was not a chore anymore, because I was making music. I'm so glad I pushed though the boring stuff, the tears, the frustration, the discouragement. It's so worth it.
***
Violin is my native language; piano is something useful I picked up and found enjoyable.
***
If I didn't play the violin, I would play the cello. I would love to learn it someday.
***
If I had a date to a concert, the best part would be the concert, not the date. As rude as that is. However, the date would get bonus points for taking me to a concert. :)
***
My favorite keys to play in are g minor, a minor, and G major. Overall, I like minor pieces better. They seem to strike a deeper chord in my heart. They get down to the nitty gritty of life and human nature.
***
I have had wonderful music teachers who opened my ears and trained my hands and taught my heart. Thank you.
5 comments:
This is total payday for a teacher, Kate! I am so glad that you have such a love for the violin, for making music, and for the genius of certain composers. You have learned to play violin from your heart, and that makes my heart happy! :) I always feel as if I could share any emotion, thought, or feeling, with my violin better than I could with words. LOVE YOU! :)
We are proud to share OUR love of music with such a talented, bright, articulate gal. You are an ideal student. Keep it up!
'Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good' for the privilege of being your grandma. What a great post. Thanks for persisting. I love hearing you play.
I love it Kate. Music is incredible. It was fun playing with you last christmas, we should do it again.
You are a totally awesome young woman and you make beautiful music.
Post a Comment