Saturday, May 31, 2008

My butterfly wings are feeling a bit waterlogged

This week was pretty intense. Green Canyon Hot Springs (swimming pool) lets homeschoolers come and do swim lessons a week before they start lessons for anyone else. So we took advantage of it last year and again this year. Our first day was Tuesday and we had our last lesson/test this morning. I. Am. So. Tired. Holy. Cow. Swimming sure sucks the energy right out of you. The good news is that I passed Level 5 (there are only 6 total). I mostly passed because I had a really nice teacher that didn't make me do all the stuff he knew I could do anyway, probably because he could tell I was exhausted. I improved a lot this week, I now have a perfect front crawl and back crawl, a perfect sidestroke, a perfect elementary back stroke, and a decent breast stroke. The only stroke I can not(!) do is the butterfly. IT IS DANG HARD! I had to do one lap of it in the deep end to pass, and I nearly drowned trying. Seriously. But I somehow made it and my teacher didn't tell me to go do it again, so I guess it's okay. Now I have to go shower (ugh, I have to get wet again!) and get ready so I can go play in a violin recital. Ugh, the last thing I want to do right now is use my brain. But oh well, I'll suck it up and just do it.

3 comments:

Shua said...

Yeah, after watching olympic butterfly swimmers I often realize, "Umm, how in the world are they making their body do that?" Good job on passing though.

Lindy-Lou said...

You're amazing. Your last comment was thee most amazing quality you possess: the ability to 'suck it up' and 'just do it'! I needed to hear that, Kate. I'm certain you came through your recital equally well. I hope you enjoyed playing. I love to hear you play. Take advantage of your Day of Rest.
Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Good show Kate.

Grandfather