Because I sure don't. I guess I'll just put down some more random stuff I missed in my last post.
It's raining. Waah. Sorry Josh, but I just don't love rain like you do. It's the last day of school, which is supposed to be warm. And it's almost the end of May, which is supposed to be warm. Waah. I'm coooold.......
I discovered a treasure of a book at the library's used book sale. It's called, "Speak Better Write Better English" written by Horace Coon. If any of the following descriptions match you, you need to buy this book.
1. You are a writer.
2. You want to be a writer.
3. You are a good writer.
4. You are a bad writer.
5. You want to be a good writer.
6. You think you will never be a good writer.
7. You think you are already a good writer.
8. You hate to write.
9. You love to write.
10. You think you don't need to be a good writer.
11. You are not a writer.
12. You use a lot of slang and abbreviations.
13. You consult the dictionary every two minutes.
14. You don't know how to become a good writer.
15. You are alive.
16. You know how to buy a book.
17. You know how to read.
18. You have an interest in public speaking.
19. You are scared of speaking in public.
20. You just blinked.
Just read it ok? It might be out of print, but you should be able to find it at the library or online.
My abdominal muscles are rock solid. No kidding.
I'm really excited for Girls Camp this year. I'll be a YCL.
We got a trampoline. As a result, my legs are much stronger, and I am really sick of playing Dead Man.
One of our chickens got murdered. Stupid neighbor's dog.......
I'm working on drawing the picture of daisies that you will find directly above this in my header box. I'll paint it over the summer and redo my room in those colors. It should be fantastic.
I'm also going to paint a picture of the Salt Lake Temple. It will not be finished over the summer. If you ever wondered, the SLC Temple is very, very technical and detailed, and takes a very long time to draw and paint. But boy oh boy will it be worth it in the end.
I think maybe my next post will be pictures of the paintings I've finished and the pictures I am going to do. We'll see if I actually find the energy to upload photos.
7 comments:
Kate you are wonderful. I enjoy your blog even though I don't comment often. I love you and am proud of you and all you are. I assume the picture of the temple came through for you.
Grandfather
I LOVE THE RAIN!!! I do my best writing/venting/poem-writing when it's raining, because I feel like just watching the dark and brooding rainclouds continually pouring gives me a sense of peace and power. (kinda lame, but that's ok cuz sitting on my front porch and watching the rain is honestly one of my favorite things to do) I want to live in Seattle because I love it so much. So, yeah, sorry about your last-day-of-school-raining, but I still love the rain.
I can't wait to see some of your paintings. ;)
And the murdered chicken thing....so sad. We had that happen to us too. Not fun at all.
Fun post! When is your girl's camp? Guess what? I get to go this year! They just called me to be YW President. I'm excited to spend more time with Aubrey.
Oh, and... I'd like to have rock solid abs. Pointers? Besides being a teenager and skinny? ;)
My super secret trick for amazing abs is........ "V" sits. Lie down on the floor with your arms straight at your sides, legs together with your toes pointed. Bend your waist and knees, lifting your upper body and legs off the floor, keeping your arms parallel to the floor. Lower all the way back down and do it as many times as you can. Try doing it as slow as you can if you want a real challenge.
Oh, so I'm confused, ... should I read the book?? (Ha, ha)
I love you, and I love your blog!!
Post a Comment