Saturday, July 11, 2009

Are we really that dirty?

I cleaned the carpet today. Afterwards, I looked at the filthy water in the cleaner and thought, "Wow. Are we really that dirty?"
I think this every time I mop the kitchen floor too. Every time I am surprised by it. Are we really that dirty? I don't think we are dirty people. But the dirt is there. I put it in the same category as bad hair days, socks, dust, and mosquitoes. Reminders of the fallibility of mortal existence. Cleaning is kind of a humbling experience.

5 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

you think your family is dirty, come see our flooring!

Mindy said...

I've been mopping a LOT because our floor shows stuff, and because we're trying to show the house to sell it... anyway, I'm amazed at how dirty it is EVERY time. I guess two boys running in and out of the house constantly will do that. :)

Leslie said...

I don't think it's your family. I think at night, little creatures whose sole purpose on this planet is to dirty things up come out and put dirt everywhere. I don't think those creatures will be in the Celestial kingdom.

Shua said...

I love these little moments where you have a little thought like this. You're much better at capturing them and blogging about them than I am though.

tracy said...

What I want to know is "are we that hairy?" Every time I vacuum, which is multiple times a week, my vacuum is full of hair...full of it! How much hair can 6 people lose in a day????? It makes me think we have hairy monsters coming in at night to listen to story time and then they shed all their extra hair!