Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let me sum up

Last weekend was pretty crazy, and this weekend is looking to be more of the same.

Last Thursday-
Tons of schoolwork, and frantic last minute practicing for Youth Symphony. Very long and late dress rehearsal in the evening.

Friday-
More intense practicing. Concert in the evening. Anyone who thinks musicians are wimps is delusional. It was a full length concert and a lot of work. I was sore the next day. But the concert was great! We played quite well overall, even though we almost fell apart on a few pieces we hadn't rehearsed for a while.

Saturday-
I went to an ACT boot camp at the library. It was very intense; it started at nine and ended at five, with a 30 minute lunch break. Quite draining, but very helpful. After that, I went home, changed my clothes, ate a piece of French toast, and then left to go to a Junior Miss pageant my best friend was in. The pageant started at seven and ended at eleven. It was fun to watch, and I was glad I went to support my friend, but good grief it was long! By the end I was mentally making fun of all the synchronized walking, and rolling my eyes at the extravagance of it all. I'm glad I didn't do Jr. Miss. I probably would have been laughing to myself the whole time. But it was fun to go and watch.

Sunday- Stake Conference. I basically was asleep on my feet all day and a bit grumpy. Lack of sleep doesn't sit well with me.

This Thursday-
I have my Graduation/Grand Concert in the evening (violin). It's a long ordeal, but fun to see all the kids who are moving on. We are playing a fun new piece and some duets too.

Friday-
Homeschool Prom! I'm pretty excited. I'm dragging Morgan along with me (it's a no-date dance, so it's 14 and up). He's not thrilled, but he's resigned. Maybe I'll post pictures, but don't count on it.

Saturday-
Not so much going on. If I'm lucky I'll get a nap. In the evening I have a discussion group for Pride and Prejudice. I really love that book; I just read it for the ninth time.

Well, that's pretty much it. It's been a little crazy, but fun. Also, I entered the world of corrective lenses. I got contacts about a week ago, and glasses yesterday. It's been weird living in a bubble, but I'm adjusting. I've been pretty much doomed since birth; I'm surprised I made it until I was 16 before I needed glasses. Both sets of grandparents have glasses; my Seeley grandparents in particular have very bad eyes. All of my parent's siblings have corrective lenses (all 13 of them). And, of course, my parents have glasses. I'm happy though; it's great to see. And my glasses are adorable.

Happy Earth Day!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

It was fun to hear your catch-up of your busy life.

I do have one correction though, Uncle Jesse does not wear contacts or glasses yet. (It's probably just a matter of time.) You will get used to the bubble. I always feel more bubble-ish in my glasses than in my contacts.

Tiffany said...

I love catch-ups. I want pictures. I'm forgetting what you look like. Waaaa! Please. And glasses pics, too. I love cute glasses!

Lindy-Lou said...

This was a fun post. I love hearing about your life. The Youth Symphony was incredible. And sitting in the balcony was great. Last year we were near the front on the floor and I could only see the tip of your bow over the piano - once in a while. Sorry about the poor vision, but it started long before me. ;-)

Annalee Kelly said...

So glad your youth symphony concert went well--sorry my back wasn't up to much else. You look fabulous in glasses! See you Friday.
p.s. there's a reason I chose not to do jr. miss in high school as well. You hit it right on, girl.