

To preface this, I must confess one of my bad habits. I don't put laundry away. My clean laundry stays in my basket until I wear it. I don't like to just drop my dirty laundry on the floor though, so I find ways to kind of drape it around my room. Another of my bad habits is leaving my dresser drawers open. So my dirty laundry sometimes ends up hanging on my open drawers. Yikes, I know. So one day a few months ago, I breathed heavily on my dresser. And then, in slow motion, my dresser groaned and vomited. With so many drawers open and clothes hanging off them, it just couldn't hold up any more. It tipped over and spilled every last piece of clothing out onto my floor. Now, I had a few options. 1) Act like it never happened and just live from the large pile on my floor. 2) Set my poor, overworked dresser back on its feet and stuff everything back in. 3) Take some time to organize my clothes, folding them neatly and putting them back in the correct drawers. I chose the mature thing and did number 3. While cleaning up, I came across one bottom drawer that was filled with miscellaneous items of various levels of sentimental value. In this large stack of papers, pictures and junk, I found this newspaper that I wrote, printed and published myself. I'm pretty sure I was between eight and ten years old, but I didn't put a date on it, so I can't be sure. This paper has me totally conviced that I was meant to be a writer. Besides spelling, capitalization, and punctuation, the paper isn't too bad for a nine year old. The writing's kind of fuzzy and part of it is cut off, so I'll translate below.
Amazin' Rainfall
on the sixth and seventh of April this year we have expirianced a rainfall wear none was expected. This rain was a blessing for many farmers in the area, Locle children have also enjoyed this rain, playing in gutters, stomping in puddles and of course sloshing in the mud.
Second page.
Easter celebration (left column)
A family in town has a uniquce Easter celebration. They spend a week in April and read in the scriptures about the last week of Jesus Chists life. Tonight, for exsaple they ate simbalic food for the passover. If you would like to learn more ask mom.
trip hoped for
Some children in the Seeley house hold would greatly enjoy a trip to the library. But under cirtan circamstances the mother of these children has not been able to make the trip. The trip is hoped to be made soon.
Editors note
If a little boy in a cirtan house would go to the bathroom wile his mom made dinner he wouldent disrupt the meal.
Weather note
Still rainy.
sisohpromotem
unscramble this and get a prize.
4 comments:
So what the heck is the scrambled word???? lol!
p.s. It's definitely proof you were born to write. ;)
Yes, definitely born to write. That is the cutest thing! I love it!
Alright, Kate, I totally want a "most concerted effort" prize! Here's what I came up with for the scrambled word:
mop the sis room
mis mother oops
sish poo mortem
Moses Moth poir
Shop moot Miser!
Post more moish
Miss more thoop
more miss photo
most poo is herm
Seriously, the answer's gotta be in there!
I am SO glad you saved your childhood writings. I agree with Tiffany. No doubt about it! And don't stop saving!!!
Post a Comment