Saturday, December 6, 2008

In a Pie Shell

You know, like "in a nut shell". Except yummier. This is a nice summing up. Enjoy.

First off, I'd like to say that Thanksgiving would be my favorite holiday, except Christmas has a whole season and carols that belong to it. I love Thanksgiving. La la la love it. Mostly because of football and pie. And family. This year was pretty dang exciting. Last year we were with my Crowley family, and that was surely my favorite-est one ever, but this year was pretty good too. To start it off, on Wednesday we had a Turkey Bowl at our church. We invited a ton of friends and they invited their buddies, so we ended up with a TON of people. Dads, moms, teenagers, little kids, everyone played. And played, and played, and played, and played. Three hours straight, no half time, no time outs. It rocked. Best day before Thanksgiving ever! I love football. Love to play it, love to watch it. After that, Thanksgiving was a bit anti climactic. We just went up to my Seeley grandparents for food, Morgan and I threw around a football for a while, then we ate pie. There wasn't a single college football game on, so we had to watch NFL. I don't really care for the NFL. Too much money involved. But basically, it was a good day.

School is going good. The class I'm taking has been really great, so far. We've only written one paper, and that was just a narrative. I wrote about the Utah/BYU game, and got an A, so that was exciting. I found out my teacher is a U fan, which was good. :) We'll see how I do with some stiffer assignments.

I've decided on another career option besides teaching seminary. I would love to be a journalist for the Salt Lake Tribune, covering the Utah Utes football. There is probably an official term for that job, but I don't know it. The writer they have now is lame. I don't think she even cares very much, or goes to the games. She said that the fans were booing the offence. Hello! No we were not! Everyone chants "Lou-ie Lou-ie Lou-ie" when he comes out to kick a field goal, and from a distance (like if you were sitting far away in the press box, not paying attention) it sounds like booing. But if you were actually a fan, and were paying attention to the stinkin' game you would know that!! Besides that, she quoted the little AP poll that had the Utes ranked lower than they were on the important BCS polls. Truly, it's not that hard to look up the BCS polls. And in a more recent article about the Utes getting MWC honors, she said that "the players get packs on the back, but Whittingham gets a little more." Packs? PACKS? Did no one proof read this? Did she not even read it again?
And the way she said it was like she was saying that it was unfair for Coach Whit to get a bonus, and the players only get titles. That totally was not the point of the article. It is killing me. I am perfectly aware that at this time I could not be a professional writer like her, but I can't help but think that someday I would do a better job, and enjoy it more.

Violin is awesome. I really love music. I just learned a Russian Fantasie that is so stinkin' cool. Next time you see me, ask me to play it for you. It's pretty sweet.

We're getting geared up for ski season now. Only the snow is missing. We met an awesome family that homeschools and skis, so we're looking forward to going with them this season. They have three older boys that are close to mine and Morgan's ages, and we've become good friends and agree on a lot of things. (Except football. They are true blue, all the way.) We all think it's sad that no teenagers ski anymore (most snowboard), so we're looking forward to skiing with pride together this year.

I don't think I've written a post completely devoid of Utah football for months. I can't seem to get over it, even when the season's over. It seems to penetrate everything I do. Not that that's a bad thing. :)

I had a dream last night that Paul Kruger lived in our ward, and came to church in full football uniform and I got his autograph. It was a good dream.

I really enjoy our new ward. Our last ward had about 750 people in it, and another ward in the stake had 800. So they cut off pieces of both and stuck them together to make a new ward. So it's kind of the same, but a little different. I like having the youth group smaller; we are all better friends because everyone feels important. I get along with everyone, but I have two really good friends, Tina and Jacob. They're very nice, and we really hit it off. I like them better than the friends I left behind, the one's I had been in the same ward with for five years. So it's all worked out great, even though I was a bit nervous when it first split.

Keep it real and have a radical weekend.

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! If you've visited Aunt Tiff's blog, you have an idea how fun ours was as well. BUT, next year is the one not to miss! Can't wait.

Looking forward to hearing of your skiing adventures (the snow will fall...we hope), and also looking forward to maybe some posted writings from your new class??

I believe you and Christian will be the sportscasters/journalists of tomorrow. If you want to talk football, he's your man.

Next week-end!!

Hugs, Grandma