In case you hadn't guessed, this post is about the Utah-BYU game on Saturday. All I really have to say is that it rocked. It was fantastic. I loved seeing Max Hall's halo snatched off and ran in for touchdowns. Not to mention it being stained with a personal foul. Anyway, it was an awesome, awesome, awesome game. My parents got to go to it. The luckies. I wanted to go sooo bad, but I was a kind and unselfish daughter and didn't beg Mom to let me go instead, even though I almost got a little choked up the minute before they walked out the door. But I got to watch it on a big t.v. and take notes in a warm basement. And Morgan and I did our own cheers and sang the fight song at the tops of our lungs. So it was ok. But I still wish we had had three tickets. Mom took some awesome pictures that I'll hopefully find time to upload in the next few days. They rushed the field after the game and my Dad got to meet Brian Johnson, thump him on the back and tell him good job. He got to meet Paul Kruger too. So that was cool.
Now that the buzz from the undefeated season has started to wear off, I'm really, really sad that football is over. I mean I'm really sad. I've always cheered for the Utes, but this was my first season as a True Fan. For the past several months I've watched games, studied stats, learned random facts about players, checked the rankings every Sunday afternoon, smack talked, cheered and screamed at games, worn red four days a week, kept my nails painted red for two months, doodled Utah logos on my math pages, sang the fight song daily.......I could go on even longer but I'll spare you. :) And now it's over. I've come to really love the season's team, and I'm sad that so many are graduating. Especially Louie Sakoda. The rest will be replaced by good, competent players, but I don't think we'll ever have a kicker like "King Louie." Sigh. Life will go on.
P.S. The Utes have gone undefeated four times in school history. This year, 2004, 1930, and 1929.
P.P.S. The season's over Josh. You can start commenting again. : )
1 comment:
I swear we are long lost twins, because EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS EXACTLY (AND I MEAN TO THE LAST WORD) WHAT I'M THINKING/FEELING!!! Seriously, everything you said about being a TRUE FAN!!
But you can still do all those things even though the football season is over.
Post a Comment