Friday, November 14, 2008

My Fam on the Farm

I tried to get the words next to the pictures but it wouldn't let me, so you'll just have to piece it together by yourself. Sorry.
Here is my daddy-o on a backpacking trip he took with Morgan this summer. You can tell he's on a backpacking trip because 1) he needs a shave, 2) he's wearing a backpack 3) he's outside in the wilderness. Now-a-days, he sticks pretty close to home and his razor. :) He is working his tail off selling crayons and various other things including but not limited to: sports equipment, gym curtains, cafeteria tables, and pink erasers. I guess maybe the most exciting thing right now is his promotion offer. Let's see.......oh yeah, he blew out his voice screaming at the TCU game. :)




Here is Hannah Rose. Isn't she beautiful? She mostly plays outside with the neighbors and The Cat. (Our cat is named The Cat.) She is brilliant and learning to read very very well, besides being able to math problems in her head super fast!
Next to Hannah you will see Seth playing with his friend from next door, Steven. He doesn't count it as a good day if it doesn't include playing with Steven. Seth is also doing fabulously in school. He has an imagination like you wouldn't believe. Just ask him to tell you about his dreams sometime; his mind is just as active at night as it is when he's awake. Also, you might be interested to know that I was in the tree next to them when I took that picture. Among my other random skills, I climb trees for fun.

And this Morgan. He also has rad tree climbing skills. He is also good at tying knots. This skill comes in handy when the small and medium sized siblings become a little too irritating. He (ok, I help too) just stands them up and makes them act out a Book of Mormon story. It's always the one where Laman and Lemual tie Nephi to the mast of the ship and leave him there. Except sometimes we expand on it a little, and gently gag them so they can't yell for help. Don't be shocked, Seth and Hannah see it as game called See Who Can Get Untied First And Chase Down Morgan While Screaming For Mom. I'm really kidding, we just tie them up when they want us to. No kidding, they think it's fun to try and weasel out of a hog tie. They're strange little people sometimes.

Oh, and I threw in a random picture of them before they headed off to the Trunk or Treat. I painted Morgan's face and did Hannah's hair and make-up. Isn't Tuff the cutest little leopard you ever saw? Seth never wants to be anything except a cowboy for Halloween.



I couldn't find any pictures of Mom. But you should know that our ward split and she got put right back in as RS president. So that keeps her busy besides everything else going on. She manages to stay halfway crazy most of the time, only slipping into sanity every once in a while. :) Just kidding, Mom. You are fabulous.
As for me, I think I say enough about myself as it is. But, my ys concert went fantasticly well, I got into a college English class, I retook the ACT and got a 27, and I've made a lot of new friends in our new ward. Pretty much everything's awesome.
And don't forget Tuffer Brown! He is the smartest cutest baby in the whole world. He is growing up with a couple of teenagers in the house, and it shows. Some of his commonly used phrases are: "Hey dude." "I have a zit." "Do you have any gum?" "No." "I want that." "No way." "Go Utah!" "I'm hungry." "Just kidding."
Keep it real, and have a radical weekend.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

This was so fun to read. I love the Halloween picture!

Lindy-Lou said...

Ok, so you're cheering for the UTEs next Saturday in our very BLUE environment. We are all going to practice charity, right? And sportsmanship, right? And "bite-my-tongue-manship", right? And may the best team win....and lose.
Can't wait to see you!

Shua said...

wait, is that morgan in the back? I thought the was righteous! I thought he resisted evil and chose the right, not the red. I'm so disappointed right now. Sorry about the negative comment, but this is the week you know.

morganne said...

IT'S THE WEEK! IT'S THE WEEK! IT'S THE WEEK! I can't sit still, because it's THE week!!

Leslie said...

So, what's with the bird mascot, anyway?? Is that Utah's way of giving BYU "the bird"? Are they the Utah Woodpeckers now or something?

I hope Grandma can handle a little friendly trash-talking, because I'm guessing there will be some.

Goooo Cougars!!

Love you, Kate!

Jesse C said...

Wow a 27? Way better than I ever did. Those are fun pictures and descriptions.