Saturday, July 5, 2008
Thanks Aunt Tiffany!
My Aunt Tiffany (the same one who's selling a house) had an inspired tag idea. Basically, on everyone's birthday we go around the dinner table and everyone has to share a memory of the Birthday Boy/Girl. It's so much fun; one of our very favorites. So the tag idea is this: you leave a comment with a memory about me, then you do something like this on your blog and I leave a memory about you. You don't have to have ever met me in person, you don't even have to know me at all if you want. You could leave something like this: "I remember when I first saw your book at Barnes & Noble. The second I saw it, I knew you were a great writer." Or something like this: "I remember when we went skydiving together. You had the craziest look on your face. I thought you were going to laugh or throw up." Or if you remember one of my awesome posts, tell me about it and why you liked it. Just say whatever you want, I'll love it anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
First of all, I remember that you had the most delicious, juicy fat cheeks as a baby. You were just the cutest baby!
My next memory is a few years ago reading one of the letters you had written to Grandma when I was visiting her. I read it and was stunned--you were like eleven and your writing was so colorful and your voice was so strong. I set the letter down and said, "This girl's going to write novels someday!"
And my final memory is a conglomeration of memories--just how impressed I am at what a beautiful, poised girl that you are and how much fun I have talking to you.
man this is kinda sad, i can't think of a specific memory of just you rather than all the crowley cousins, but i would have to say that sitting on the water tramp and talking for an hour, jumping in the lake, and then repeating the process with all of us older crowley cousins has to be one of my favorite memories ever. Also, I really wish that I could have as creative posts as you (ie how to catch a chicken), i really admire your creativity.
I remember that Tiffany used to call you "Lovely of the Lake." I also remember what a strong-willed baby you were. You would try to break out of your car seat. When you couldn't make the straps budge, you would yell out in frustration, "stuck!"
A couple of memories, If there was someone that ou weren't to sure about and they tried to get too close you would stick out your hand palm toward them and say talk to the hand
Another was when your parents were having new carpet layed in your old condo in Murray and when they showed up You said OH! Scary guys.
Love you, You are awsome! Grandfather
I wasn't going to answer this, because I REFUSED to let you go to Laurels...but I got over myself and realized that the world isn't about me and that it's okay for you to live your own life, so now I will.
When I think of you, I think of Nacho Libre and your fantastic quoting of it. You always make me laugh and you are extremely well spoken and mature. You will do GREAT things, my lady, GREAT THINGS (including possibly wearing stretchy pants?).
I'll always remember your determination with your violin playing, and your joy and sparkle in your eyes when you accomplished something great!
Post a Comment