I've been seeing lots of posts where the author posts their favorite song lyrics, and why they like them so much etc. etc. But one of my (many) nerdy quirks is that I listen to mostly classical music. Pretty much all the time. Yeah, shocking, I know. Now I've mentioned this a few times when people ask me what my favorite music is, and I've gotten a lot of quizzical looks. Not because they think I'm weird, but because they don't even know what classical music is. *Sigh* What did I expect? I even had one kid say, "You mean like, Classy 97?" For those of you who live in Idaho, you know why this made me crack up. For those of you who don't live in Idaho, lets just say that it plays the music my mom listened to in Jr. High. Um, yeah, that's not what I'm talking about. I calmly explained to the boy that it's what a symphony plays, you know like Beethoven or Bach or Mozart. He just gave me a grin and a blank stare. Anyway, what this is all leading up to is my very first ever song post! Wahoo! Now, I've been thinking about this for several days, because obviously it's really hard to quote a song with no words. But I decided to have more faith in your imagination, and to just give it a shot. I thought about finding some way so you could listen to small pieces of songs, but I'm not nearly that electronically talented. Then I thought about making a movie of myself humming the song, but I was too embarrassed. So your task is much harder because I'm going to quote myself humming the song. Yup, just when you thought I couldn't get any crazier. You get one point each for naming the composer and/or the song. The person with the most points wins a fabulous prize. I'll send you a greeting card with my signature AND a sheet of STICKERS!
#1. "da de dat dat dat da de daaaaa. da de dat dat dat da de daaaaa. dee daa dedede de daa de da."
#2. "Bom Bom Bom Baaaaa! Dom dom dom DAAAA!"
#3. " tatata tatata tatata tatata Laaa de daaaaaaa la de ta ta taa daaaa tatata tatata tatata tatata."
#4. "na na na na na la te te dumm la da da da la da da da. na na na na na la te te dumm la da da da la dot te dummm."
#5. "la de da de da! la de da de da! la de da de da de da de da de da! la te be-ump be da de be-ump be da de be-ump be da de da!"
I suggest saying them out loud several times while searching your memory for anything vaguely similar. I expect everyone to get at least number two. If you can't get that one, you should live in my town.
5 comments:
Gee, Kate, those are hard... and I know I should be able to figure out more of them... the 2nd one is Beehoven's 5th, of course. I'll have to sing the others out loud a little longer to see if I can get more of them.
Well I knew number two--Symphony #5 by beethoven and that's it and I'm really not copying (it is symphony #5 isn't it?)
Oh! I just got #3. It's fur elise by Beethoven!
Sheesh. I feel so uncoordinated trying to figure these out. I have a hard enough time reading them correctly, let alone singing them, let alone figuring out what song they are.
But, I think the first one is Metallica though, right?
Okay, I had to check back... but #4 is fur elise, not #3, right? Maybe shua got the numbers mixed up?
Post a Comment