Sunday, September 30, 2007

What's in a Name? by April

Our blog spot name comes from the fun books by Sid Fleischman. McBroom's Wonderful One-Acre Farm is a very funny read-aloud book that we have enjoyed over the years. We only wish that our "farm" was as incredibly fruitful as McBrooms. When they plant marbles within a few hours they are boulders. Our zucchini plant produced two zucchinis. Our summer squash plant produce one squash. So, we have a way to go in our gardening skills. We did get some monsterous Yukon Gold Potatoes though; that gave us heart. They are soooo yummy! I have been asking Dad Seeley for the last 10 years about how he waters his garden. He has always responded, "I don't know," until this year he finally just told me. I am sure that has been our problem (too short of watering time, too often). Why he would not reveal his gardening secrets before, I don't know. But, I sure am grateful that he finally did. Maybe next year we can have produce a little more like the pictures on the front of the package.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Yipppeeeee!!! I'm so excited to have this link to your world! Thanks for sharing! Love the name!